Friday, March 23, 2012

My First Blythe

Well, I did it. After years of thinking about them and wanting one, I finally did it. I ordered my first Blythe doll.

I was first introduced to the world of dollies at Brigitte Coovert's art show a few years ago at Super7 here in St. Petersburg. Brigitte is known for her Zombuki dolls, as well as her acrylic jewelry and handmade eye chips. 

My first impression was that the dolls were a bit disturbing. Then I remembered that I am a bit disturbing. We had something in common. Well, I didn't get into the dolls anymore than looking at pictures, following Brigitte's blog, and more recently following the ladies from Oh Strumpets!

Over the last few months I've watched Becky and Olivia's instagram feeds fill up with their sweet little dolls and the dolly fever started to come back. The hair, the clothes, the teensy little faces. I gave in.

I ordered from ebay after a lot of reading and deciding which doll I wanted. My heart raced. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Why nervous? I dunno... I went with the "Urban Cowgirl"
I chose her because, well... she's beautiful! I plan on ordering a few dresses for her and eventually I'd like to make a few outfits for her myself. I definitely plan on ordering a Totoro hat for her!

Hat by Oh Strumpets!

She isn't here yet, but the day she shows up on my doorstep everyone will know. Listen for the really loud and high pitched squeal. Have a great Friday!

signature

1 comment:

  1. Blythe dolls freak me out! :p But I've always been weirded out by dolls in general. So no offense to the Blythes :) That totoro hat is so darn cute though! I'm excited for your excitement about the doll though...that's one of the best parts about ordering something online. The anticipation of the arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!