Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cindy, Barbie & Me

Earlier this evening (technically yesterday now) Chris and went wandering through Toys R Us. While he was looking at legos, I made a trip to "the pink aisle." You know what I'm talking about, the Barbie aisle. I have noticed it isn't as bright pink as it used to be. Anyway, I found her:



When I first laid eyes on her frothy peach gown my mouth flapped open. I instantly had a flashback. Cindy and I used to have this EXACT dress for our Barbie dolls. I snapped a picture of it and sent it to her. Cindy had the same reaction. Funny how things come back like that to remind you of happy, innocent times. I miss playing dolls with my sister. We spent more time dressing and styling our dolls than we actually spent pretending they were at the mall or a dance.

Remember how Barbie walked? She kinda hopped around on her tippy toes and when you tried to move her legs to actually make her take strides she'd start bending backwards at the waist? Good times...

1 comment:

  1. I had the top that she is wearing!!! It came with one which had this huge white princess pink skirt!! Oh I adored it :-) Also, yes I remember that she was quite the gazelle when wandering haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!