Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lazy Hump Day

Here I am, a day off work and no motivation to get anything done. I have laundry to put away and groceries to buy. Instead, I'm watching Buffy.

I did get something done today. I wasted 6 cups of flour.

I thought: hey, I'll bake bread! Ya know, try out the dough hook on the stand mixer. I mixed the dough, put it in a bowl, and let it take a break in a nice warm spot. One hour later? The bread dough did not rise!!! My yeast had expired. So, my question is, should I buy another jar of yeast of just buy the packets? I can see myself baking bread more often, now that the stand mixer is around to knead the dough for me. On the other hand, I know that I say I'll starting "_______ing" more now that I have an awesome "______" and then I never do.
I still put that wimpy bread dough in the oven. It came out dense and chewy. It's still kinda tasty and it made the house smell nice.
signature

1 comment:

  1. I have a bread maker and everytime I use it my bread comes out crappy! It either doesn't mix right or something crazy happens. Then the hubs tries and he does a perfect job... what?

    I'm the same way - If I had XYZ I would do ABC more and then it never happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!