Monday, March 21, 2011

26 is the new 40!

Apparently. Today in my Spanish class we were discussing the difference between the preterit and imperfect tenses of verbs and to demonstrate my professor asked me (I always sit in the front) how old I was.

Profesora Leyton: ¿Cuántos años tienes? (How old are you?)
Me: veintiséis. (26)
Profesora Leyton: ¿Cuántos años tenías en dos mil? (How old were you in 2000?)
Me: quince. (15.) (I turned 16 later that year.)

After this exchange, the girl behind my tapped my shoulder and said, "Wow. You're 26?" (nods) Yep. Then she said, "You look good for 26!"-----Wait what?!?! She said it as if she had just found out I was ancient.

I literally just took this picture (hardly any make up today. Just a smidge of mascara!):

Does she expect to look any different in 6-7 years than she does now? I'm assuming she is 19-20 since this is only her second semester of college. Assumptions, hmmmm.

This was me about 8 years ago (Don't mind the tongue, I was tasting scented markers):


Not really a huge difference. Sure I lost some of my baby face, but hey! 8 years in the military is going to show some how! I should be used to this by now. Almost every semester I have been in college the people around me, including teachers are surprised how "old" I am. Hello! There are lots of old people in college! I don't think I look old, but it makes me wonder.... should I look older?

I've decided that I look as old I should. I came into some really great genes when I was born. My aunt is only 42 and could definitely pass for 30! I'd post her picture, but I don't think she'd appreciate that, even on facebook her profile picture is of a cute bear. So, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Now, then. This old lady has some homework to do! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!