Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I smell great!

I've been thinking of a lot of ideas lately for posts I'd like to do and one of them is smells. Scents can remind us of people, places and old memories. These are of a few of my scent memories:

The first thing I think of when I smell Irish Spring soap is my father. I mean my Daddy. That's what I call him. It smells good. My Daddy is a very smart guy and I think know I get my brains from him!



Ahhhh Cucumber Melon from Bath & Body Works. My high school reeked of this scent AND Warm Vanilla Sugar (that one was my favorite back then.) This one always reminds me of my friends at the beginning of my freshman year in high school. Ps This smell also reminds me of my friend Fawn from back in the day because she always wore it.



This next yummy smell is also from high school! I love Country Apple, another BBW scent. Why I never bought it until after high school I will never know. Haha If it can be said that I hoard anything.... I hoard Country Apple! I have about 5 bottles of the lotion and probably 4 of the shower gels...



In January of my senior year I started working at Victoria's Secret. I fell in love with Pretty In Pink. This scent always makes me think of the beautiful opera-like music that they used to play in the VS stores. It also makes me think of the house I lived in and all my crazy roommates that I had at the time. Fun times. (This is such an old tube, but it still smells great! Lucky for me it was brought out of retirement!)



That same year after graduation I started working at The Gap too. It was literally across from the VS in the mall. I always were Heaven, my friend Hallie wore Dream and Daphne wore So Pink. Hallie and Daph also worked at The Gap, but they left for college before I started working there. Heaven reminds me of new clothes and Starbucks. Every time I wear it I remember re-folding the denim wall at work!



I don't wear this one very much anymore. The bottle doesn't stand up anymore either because I left it in my car on a sunny day. The sun warped the bottle. whoops! The reason I don't wear this one, Romantic Wish by Victoria's Secret, is because I wore this lotion when I was at Ft. Dix training for Iraq. That was a tough and tiring time for me. 16 hour training days. Outside, hot, summer. This smell always brings me back to my bunk in Jersey. I missed home, but not the house my stuff was in back home. I was kind of lost. I actually couldn't wait to get to Iraq. Now this smell reminds me of long days and the loneliness I felt in my gut everyday. Sure, my ex was there with me (we were together at the time) but he was a piece of trash. I knew it at the time, I just thought I needed someone. Pshh I didn't. I wish I could go back and slap myself!



Love Spell! This scent is one of, if not the most popular scent from VS. I started wearing this lotion towards the end of my tour in Iraq. I loved how it smelled and everyone else appreciated how I smelled too. I felt like the air freshener in every room I walked into! This smell took awhile for me to start wearing again when I came home. It reminded me of Iraq and I just wanted to forget it for awhile. I did wear Love Spell the first night I met my boyfriend and on our first few dates. The scent made me feel strong. I was strong enough to make it through Iraq, I could get through a date! Now the memories of our first dates are starting to overshadow Iraq.



Last, Country Chic is the newest scent from BBW. They're only selling the small sizes right now, but it comes out in a few weeks. I just picked this up last night. It smelled nice in the store so I pick up 2 lotions and a splash. When I smelled it again at home away from the millions of other smells at BBW, I was stunned! It smells wonderful. It smells like the summer of 1996. Haha It reminded me of mine and my sister's friend Lauren. Lauren, in my mind is picture of country chic. The light airy scent reminded me of the summer we spent hanging out with Lauren at her house and in the backyard.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!