Monday, March 28, 2011

My fur babies ---1

I love animals. I even have a few. In fact, between Chris and I we could open a mini zoo! Haha I'm going to have to break this up into a few posts!
My first fur baby is Swift Fox, or Swift for short. He is about 2 1/2 years old and while he isn't the first ferret I've ever had, he is the first one I never had to share! (Until our little family grew). I adopted Swift in November '08 and he immediately became my best friend. He loves treats, fuzzy slippers and toes! About a month later I moved into my own apartment and Swift had little company while I was in classes during the day, so he and I started looking for a friend for him. That's when we found:
Sassafras! Or for short, Sassy. She is so sweet and teeny. I consider her a rescue because the "kid" I got her from never spent time with her and didn't feed her properly. He never even named her! I named her halfway over the Gandy bridge. She was skin, fur and bones when she came home to meet Swift! She took a little time to get used to me, but became fast friends with Swift (he's so charming). I'm not sure how old Sassy is exactly but if I had to guess I'd say she's a few months younger than Swifty. She is such a treat-hog, so don't leave them laying around. Oh and raisins.... don't even let her hear the word!
One day in December '09 I was in the pet store and overheard the sales girl talking about a ferret who had been living at the store for almost a year. She was never adopted and since she wasn't a tiny kit anymore it was less likely that she would find a home. No one seemed to want her, except me! I called Chris and told him about her and next thing I knew I was the proud mother of a little girl ferret (again). As soon as I got her home I knew she was going to be wild. It took 2 weeks to find a name as silly as she is. Chris and I named her Sashimi. She loves digging.

2 comments:

  1. Ferrets have a special place in my heart also. I would like to read more about your ferrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] catching grasshoppers outside for our lizards dinner. We have 7! (There will be a post soon in the Fur babies series about our no fur-havin’ [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!