Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Smile :)

 So, I've obviously been missing from the blogging world but there were a few blogs that I did keep up with. My favorites. Well, since I've been back I've kept up with them even better but a few slipped through the cracks. This one and this one. Yep. My Girl Thursday and Love Elycia. Their posts were announcing a craft night and the materials we would need for last night. I saw the reminder posts for craft night late yesterday evening and panicked. I wanted to do this project but I didn't have half of the materials! Well, since I'm a clever girl I decided to just go with what I had. I used grey jersey, blue corduroy, a little velvet and some pink felt. I ran it all through the sewing machine but the next one I make there are parts I think I'd rather hand-sew. With Valentine's Day approaching (a little more than 2 weeks!) I decided to put a heart on the lens. The first one I made was for Chris. He loves cameras. He's a photographer and actually just had a camera tattoo done yesterday. I'm very proud of the work he has done and I'm so thankful that Chantilly and Elycia posted this awesome sewing project!
 
{clearly my embroidery could use some work}

Anyhoo, here are the links to take a look at if you want to make one too. I wasn't able to make it for the video stream, so I missed how it was supposed to go together exactly but I went with my gut and it worked out (big sentence over).
Pattern: Love Elycia/ My Girl Thursday
Craft night video (the how to). It's about 2 1/2 hours long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!