Whoops! I started writing this post earlier, but a few adult beverages got in the way. Now that I've had a little fire water I shouldn't make ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS right? Haha, no I'm such a stickler that this post will be triple checked before being published.... even if I have to do it with one eye clamped shut. Haha (the tipsy hahas are coming out!) Alright onto the things I learned! Actually, these should be called observations...anyhoo!
There weren't many because I'm a genius....! errrr....
- It is SO nerve wracking to raise your hand and speak in a class on the first day. I'm the dork that sits in the front row with lots to say. You can't see the board because my hand is in the way. I am the Rachael Berry of literature. There were only a few people in my class on Monday who I recognized from the last 2 semesters, otherwise I would have felt more comfortable.
- Mr. Mackey (from South Park) is my beginning to 1860 American Lit. professor. No seriously. The more I look at DR. H, the more he looks like him too. He really is passionate about the subject and time period he teaches so he's awesome in my book. He says "M'kay" a lot and has a hilarious laugh.
- I hate how baby powder smells on grown women. I love how it smells on babies. Ladies please consider powder that doesn't make you smell like a sour baby.
- The Wasteland is a really deep poem (and relate-able for me on so many levels that I was having flash-backs in class). If Eliot were alive today I would hug him and buy him a pint.
- 13 mile round-trip bike rides hurt my arse. I need a bigger, squishier, laz-e-boy style bicycle seat. I rode the bike to and from school on Tuesday and Wednesday, the trip is a 6.47 miles one way. I feel awesome after the ride, but an hour after I get home I collapse on the bed. Defeated. I plan on riding to and from school at least 2 days a week, so it should get easier. On the second day I shaved almost 10 minutes off the time it took me to get to school!
- The semi-colon ";" is dying. Apparently a lot of people don't use it anymore, and even more people don't know how to use it. I plan on making a "Barney-style" post about our friend the ";" because as a lit major, I use it!
- I am an awesome owl-doodler. I doodle when I'm bored and sometimes when a poem has been torn apart down to it's ribs I get bored.
- Rick Astley was so cute. (I've known this for a long time, just throwing this out there).