Saturday, July 9, 2011

Help my hair!

My hair has always been my little experiment project. It grows back and if I ruin it I'm the only one who has to live with it! The summer I was 9 my cousin put Sun In on my hair and I was a blonde. Awesome considering my hair is so mousy brown that no one even notices my natural red hi-lites. Then it started growing out and of course no one thought to fix it for me, even when I asked. My new name when school started again? Two-tone, Harvey Two-Face. I was mortified and hated my hair. It didn't help that I wore turtle necks with flannels. Cut me a break it was 1994.


By 6th grade, my hair was ombré! Haha (olive green corduroy overalls, what was wrong with me)?


Finally it grew out and things were back to normal (minus cutting my own fringe too short a few times) until high school rolled around. I spent a lot of time out in the sun after school and my hair lightened. I liked it and thought it should be lighter. Enter Sun In (again). Now that I was older and had a little more control over my hair nothing crazy happened. I had sun kissed hair and loved it.




After high school I went through a phase where my hair had to be the darkest brown possible. I always used temporary color and eventually just let it alone for a few years.


Fast forward to 2008. The Iraqi sun made my hair all kinds of crazy, twisty shades of red and brown. When I got home I tried to fix it myself and dyed it too dark. I thought using a color remover would help. It turned orange, then this shade:


I had it fixed in the salon the next day. For about 6 months I kept it long, blonde and hi-lited. 


After that I dyed it back to my natural color. It has been that way ever since. 

Just recently, I was thinking of doing my hair ombré (again, but on purpose this time) until I realized my hair is only long enough that it rest on my shoulders. It would look dumb. I got hormonal back in January and hacked my hair off in the bathroom...very short. Maybe in December or January I will go for this look:
Until then I'm thinking I should add a little pink and light green to my hair. Just for fun.


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a link to your blog or twitter so I can visit you too!